To work effectively in this role, the individual must be a multitasker, with the ability to work on several requests simultaneously without losing focus. Experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and able to work independently with little or no supervision. Must be well organized and flexible. They are responsible for the smooth flow of accounting and bookkeeping work processes at the office.
Accounting Clerk Job Duties & Responsibilities: Part-time 20-25 hrs. per week
• Partner/manage with HR/Management to maintain/update office policies as necessary.
• Point person for, mailing, shipping, supplies, equipment, bills and errands.
• Organize office operations and procedures.
• Monthly reconciliation of bank statements and rent roles
• Responsible for day to day financials, including but not limited to posting of rent and
miscellaneous charges, invoices, utility bills, revolving credit accounts, etc.
• Ensuring that all vendor and service provider items are invoiced and paid on time.
• Maintain and update contracts with all vendors including business license, insurance, 1099’s
• Establish a historical reference for the office by outlining procedures for protection, retention,
record disposal and retrieval of data and equipment.
• Responsible for ensuring office financial objectives are met by supporting preparation of the
annual budget for the office, identifying and analyzing variances and carrying out necessary
corrections that may arise.
• Monitor and ensure filing systems are maintained in a secure, confidential, are current and
accessible, and that we meet file retention guidelines established by governmental
• Responsible for website updates and maintenance
• Responsible for renewal and maintain all insurance policies and documents for the Housing
• Any and all additional tasks as deemed necessary by Management.
Accounting Clerk Skills and Qualification
This position usually comes in contact with sensitive and confidential information that may be of critical and strategic nature, the accounting clerk must be one who can be trusted not to disclose such information to unauthorized persons.
A minimum of an Associate’s degree in an accounting related field is required.
Experience working in a housing administration setting required.
Proven administrative skills, with proficiency working with personal computer applications,
such as MS Word processing program, data management systems, spreadsheet, and
desktop publishing applications.
Ability to keep sensitive information confidential, plan and execute diverse tasks at the same
time without supervision.
Must be able to work independently.
Able to exercise good judgement, communicate effectively and accurately, both orally and in
Must display integrity, professionalism, adaptability and teamwork at all times.
Knowledge of accounting, data, and administrative management practices and procedures.
Must be able to coordinate/manage employee benefits plan and timely payment of benefits.
Computer skills and knowledge of Housing software packages in addition to Microsoft, excel,
Any other duties assigned by management.